Preparation for 2013
FIRST, I WANT TO ADDRESS CHRISTIANS - THOSE WHO HAVE ACCEPTED JESUS AS LORD
POINT #1 - When you receive Christ, you become FREE from sin
1 John 1:9 NKJV If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJV Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
SIN IS GONE - YOUR PAST IS GONE - IT IS OVER! It is the lie of the enemy which brings to remembrance the days and times of the past.
POINT #2 - Darkness is passing away - We are being brought into a new level
1 John 2:8-11 NKJV
8 Again, a new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining.
POINT #3 - It is the last hour - Kingdom work must be done
1 John 2:18 NKJV Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many ANTICHRISTS have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.
Matthew 24 - Mark 13, 2 Timothy 3:1-5
TEXT: Psalms 51 NKJV
1 Have mercy upon me, O God, According to Your loving-kindness; According to the multitude of Your tender mercies, Blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, And cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I acknowledge my transgressions, And my sin is always before me.
4 Against You, You only, have I sinned, And done this evil in Your sight; That You may be found just when You speak, And blameless when You judge.
5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me.
6 Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8 Make me hear joy and gladness, That the bones You have broken may rejoice.
9 Hide Your face from my sins, And blot out all my iniquities.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
13 Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, And sinners shall be converted to You.
14 Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God, The God of my salvation, And my tongue shall sing aloud of Your righteousness.
15 O Lord, open my lips, And my mouth shall show forth Your praise.
16 For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it; You do not delight in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart; These, O God, You will not despise.
18 Do good in Your good pleasure to Zion; Build the walls of Jerusalem.
19 Then You shall be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, With burnt offering and whole burnt offering; Then they shall offer bulls on Your altar.
God has made special provision TODAY for each of us. God is willing that each one of us come to Him and enter into a relationship with Him through Jesus Christ. I want you to know today THERE IS HOPE FOR YOU. No one here has crossed over any line. The Lord said 2 Peter 3:9 NKJV - The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
REVIVAL DEFINED: revival n. 1.a. The act or an instance of reviving. b. The condition of being revived. 2. A restoration to use, acceptance, activity, or vigor after a period of obscurity or quiescence. 3. A new presentation of an old play, movie, opera, ballet, or similar vehicle. 4.a. A time of reawakened interest in religion. b. A meeting or series of meetings for the purpose of reawakening religious faith, often characterized by impassioned preaching and public testimony. 5. Law. Renewal of validity or effect, as of a contract or judicial decision.
For our purposes here in this meeting we are going to use definition 4a and 4b - a. A time of reawakened interest in religion. b. A meeting or series of meetings for the purpose of reawakening religious faith, often characterized by impassioned preaching and public testimony.
THERE IS A NEED FOR REVIVAL TODAY. An awareness - an awakening must come upon you and I today for the need of revival in our land.
1. God is bringing an awareness into our lives concerning the need for salvation.
2. God has been preparing you and I for His move in this area.
3. You must “CATCH THE VISION.”
4. My personal belief is that times are becoming worse and worse.
5. The only redemption of a sin-filled world is the meeting of the masses at the foot of the cross.
DECISIONS HAVE TO BE MADE CONCERNING REVIVAL.
1. Do I want to be involved in revival? Wait before you say yes so quickly to this question.
2. Am I willing to pay the price for revival? Prepare your heart to see if you are willing.
3. I know there has to be more. I want people to be touched when I pray for them. I want them to be healed when I minister to them. I want their lives to be radically changed - totally snatched from the power of the enemy.
4. I want to see lives so changed it is as day and night.
5. I want people to have a love affair with Jesus.
1. Does this church want to be involved in revival? Again, wait. Don’t be too hasty.
2. This body has been made up of ministers. If you desire to minister, you will.
3. God will receive all of the glory - not man. Can you stand it?
THERE IS A PRICE - A COSTLY PRICE - TO PAY FOR REVIVAL - There is a personal price to pay for revival.
1. In Mark 10, Jesus said, “Take up the cross, and follow me.”
2. V22 - the man goes away sad because he did not want to pay the price.
3. V28 - Peter begins to speak and say how much he has given up to follow Jesus.
4. Read vv29 - 30.
THERE IS A CORPORATE PRICE TO PAY FOR REVIVAL.
1. Do you want to be ministered to or to minister?
2. If you have been “saved to serve,” are you serving?
3. What happens when someone takes your seat, parking place, calls you on the phone in the midnight hour for help?
4. What happens when you can no longer sit in the comfort of the services because you have to
be in the nursery - or be the usher - or be on parking security - or bathroom monitor?
5. What about bills for $1,000 a week for toilet paper, $10,000 a month for electricity, $2,000
a week for security personal? The list goes on and on. Are you really willing?
THERE IS MUCH PREPARATION NEEDED FOR REVIVAL.
The initial preparation comes through communication with God during which time a vision for souls comes upon your life.
1. Prayer time becomes essential. Isaiah 56:7b .....For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations." You will begin by receiving the call to pray - already there is a stirring.
2. A time of fasting becomes inevitable.
Isaiah 58:6-9 NKJV
6 "Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, To undo the heavy burdens, To let the oppressed go free, And that you break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out; When you see the naked, that you cover him, And not hide yourself from your own flesh?
8 Then your light shall break forth like the morning, Your healing shall spring forth speedily, And your righteousness shall go before you; The glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard.
9 Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer; You shall cry, and He will say, 'Here I am.'
3. Suddenly you realize a flame has sprung up within your heart - you have captured the vision.
4. The next step brings you to the Pastor for insight into your role for ministry.
God will allow the vision for this body to unfold on a daily basis. Then we will see more into the future.
1. In order for revival to come to Waycross - Eagle’s Flight Ministries must prepare.
2. There is a corporate preparation which must be done.
3. There is a time of PRAYER and FASTING which we all have to participate in.
4. Now is the time of decision - Today - Now - What is your answer?
So many need MERCY - you and I included.
Mercy - Undeserved pardon