Understanding Where God Is Leading Us
“Always drink upstream from the herd.” This sounds silly, but it expresses a philosophy concerning achieving vision which is not polluted by staying where everyone else is. In order to achieve vision you often have to separate yourself from the flow of life as you knew it. God calls His visionaries aside. They are separate. (2 Corinthians 6:17 NKJV - Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you.")
Everything that can be shaken will be shaken. God is bringing a wave of sifting and purification into the Body, so that we are prepared for the Greater Glory that is coming.
Embracing the cross will be essential in this season if we are to also embrace the resurrection power that is coming upon us. It is deeper refinement, for deeper purity, and for deeper glory.
Matthew 24:3b, 6-8, 13 NCV
3b . . . . .what will be the sign that it is time for you to come again and for this age to end?"
6 You will hear about wars and stories of wars that are coming, but don't be afraid. These things must happen before the end comes.
7 Nations will fight against other nations; kingdoms will fight against other kingdoms. There will be times when there is no food for people to eat, and there will be earthquakes in different places.
8 These things are like the first pains when something new is about to be born.
13 But those people who keep their faith until the end will be saved.
First is the wilderness of transition. This is when we change from one way to another way.1st Corinthians 3:18 NKJV - But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord. When it is time to go to the next level of God’s glory you will find yourself entering a wilderness. You will recognize this as the time to advance again into transition.
The Second is the wilderness of testing. James 1:3 NKJV - knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. Patience - Generally something we rarely have and we will stay here until we concede to God. You will not have your way - You will only advance as you move in God’s way.
The Third is the wilderness of consecration. A setting aside of yourself for things Holy and Pure. 2 Corinthians 3:7-8 NLT
7 That old system of law etched in stone led to death, yet it began with such glory that the people of Israel could not bear to look at Moses' face. For his face shone with the glory of God, even though the brightness was already fading away.
8 Shouldn't we expect far greater glory when the Holy
The Fourth is the wilderness of intimacy. This is the place where you spend time with the Lord and fall in love with Him. You actually transition from liking the Lord and His ways to loving the Lord with all of your heart. In a place of intimacy you will learn things you would never learn without becoming intimate.
The Fifth is the wilderness of rebellion. This fifth wilderness, we lead ourselves into by our own actions and choices. The first four God leads us into. In this next season, many will be crossing-over out of the wilderness of transition, and into the fulfillment of promises causing them to receive their inheritance (Exodus 13:17-21; Joshua 3). The wilderness of consecration and intimacy will be important to continually cultivate in our lives (Hosea 2:14-22; Mark 1:35; Luke 1:80). The wilderness of testing is where I see the Spirit driving the Church in preparation for the power we are about to come under.
Here are a few more of the Prophetic Revelations the Lord has given to me for this year
God is establishing a pure, strong foundation upon which He can build His Church in this next season. There is a new inward standard of righteousness being raised up. We must be careful to guard our "eye gates" as darkness continues to increase in the world around us. God is looking for purity of thought, word, and deed. There is a greater separation from the world coming in response to the greater exposure of hidden sin and corruption. Key Scripture:
Matthew 6:22-23 NKJV
22 "The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light.
23 "But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
New leaders will continue to emerge and come to a place of influence in the Body of Christ as "Fathers and Sons" are brought together. Key associations and relationships will emerge and be formed by the Spirit releasing a new generation of leaders. The apostolic will continue to mature and come into a greater manifestation. God is forming a new wineskin to hold the new wine. There will also be the emerging of young apostolic leaders who will be regionally minded in building the Kingdom of God. Regional Centers will be birthed that cross denominational lines bringing the corporate Body of Christ together. Key Scriptures: Malachi 4:5-6; Matthew 9:17
There is a warning here however. We must be sure to preserve the integrity of the scriptures. We CANNOT TOTALLY DEPART from the King James Version in order to express a weaker or watered down version of God’s Word.
God is not looking for carbon copies - He wants originals. He is raising up a new breed, a new model, and a new "container for the time." Be careful to allow the Holy Spirit to flow through you in the unique way that He desires. Guard against comparison, and be yourself! Key Scriptures: 2 Corinthians 10:12; Matthew 9:17.
God is repairing broken foundations - it will be a year of restoration. Many who have experienced brokenness in the last season, will come into a time of restoration. It will be a time of strengthening the foundation and returning to a place of "first love" with the Lord. It will be important to have a very solid, strong foundation for the days ahead. Those who allow "cracks" in their foundations will experience greater brokenness. This brokenness will lead to a deeper turning to the Lord in complete surrender. Key Scriptures: Psalm 51:10, 17; Isaiah 61:4.
It will be very important what we sow during this season. We have entered into a season of quick sowing and reaping. Just as Isaac sowed into the land of his inheritance and in the same year reaped a hundredfold return, there will be quick reaping for the seeds we sow. This spiritual law will be seen with both positive and negative seeds. Be guarded and careful with what seeds we sow. Be especially careful in the area of inward attitudes and judgments made against others. With the measure we judge others, it will be measured back to us. You can expect a quick harvest of seeds sown in every area of your life, including spiritual and practical. Key Scriptures: Genesis 26:12-13, Matthew 7:1-2.
There is coming a greater revelation of supernatural finances for the end-time work of the gospel.
We will continue to see the manifestation of the end-time transfer of wealth. More and more will walk with a generous spirit of giving birthed out of supernatural revelation, and will see God as their Source and Provider for the advancement of the Kingdom. Key Scriptures: Isaiah 60:5; 2 Corinthians 9:6-11.
Lives Back in Alignment
Those who seek the Lord now will see Him work to bring their lives back into alignment with His purpose. This will require some changes for many, including geographical change, job change, etc. Change can be hard, but it is worth it. Much of this is the Lord making us flexible again, so we will be able to hold the new wine of His Spirit.
1. I believe we will continue to hear from and see old friends and faces. While we may never regain some old friends, we will hear their declaration concerning forgiveness. There will be a new lining up this coming year. Our joining together will become a matter of life and/or death.
2. A sobering which will cause those who have been passive to become active. If anyone fails to get on board, the train will leave the station. They will be left behind and if not careful, will die.
3. Hispanic growth is going to continue to take place and will cause us to have to seriously evaluate how we feel towards facilitating others in ministry. We will be forced to take a justifiable stand. As we move into this realm more and more, we must also understand there is a language and a cultural barrier. We all must be sure to have total understanding.
4. We will continue to have thrust of ministry directed towards evangelism. This direction seeks to employ everyone who is able and willing. The harvest messenger will be someone just like you. The message of the gospel is already in you and needs to be sown wherever you are and wherever you go. It is not up to you to decide where the Lord will send you. It is your assignment to go and allow the Lord to handle His part.
5. We will see greater walks of faith by seemingly insignificant people. You will be called upon to "put up" or shut up. We will see men and women (children also) praying the prayers of faith, healing and deliverance and we will see instant results.
6. It is imperative to see the crises in which we are living. Our land (United States) has problems.
7. Reading the Word will cause you to have new REVELATIONS. What you have passed over time and time again will finally come alive and not only bring truth to you. It will also allow the truths to come alive and you will see the manifestations of the Word. The reading of the Word needs to be first and foremost. As you begin to enter into this new time of study, you must be methodical. Do not be in a hurry. Consider ALL of the Word.